This banner is so simple to put together. No template printing or difficult angles to worry about - it's already done for you in the panel! These panels are made in a variety of colors to use for celebrating any Holiday! Choose your favorite to create a unique patterned banner for upcoming events!
Note: We have used two panels for a total of 36 pennants. (18 of each style)
How to create your banner:
1. Place each panel right sides together with 2/3 yd of the Lavender Chevron.
2. Pin within each pennant to keep in place and then cut the panel in half lengthwise, between the pennants.
3. Sew along both sides of each pennant along the solid line, leaving the top open for turning.
4. Cut the pennants apart between the lines of stitching (repeat with second panel).
5. Trim the points and then turn each pennant right side out.
This next step involves ironing. The way you iron will determine the style of your banner.
6. One panel was ironed flat with one fabric on each side. We made the second panel by folding the pennants so that the seam runs down through the middle. Each side will have two different fabrics showing.
7. Using a matt and a rotary cutter, even off the top off all the pennants.
8. Using 4 and 1/3 yards of Moda Bias Binding, pin the pennants to the raw edge, letting the edges of each pennant touch each other. Leave 18 inches on either end of the binding to tie off.
9. Sew the pennants to the bias binding with a 1/4 inch seam. Be sure to press the seams up toward the top of the pennant.
10. Fold binding down over the top of the bunting to cover stitching. Press and sew close to the edge. Continue sewing the binding over through to finish the ends.
At this point your banners are done! You can hang them up, or use the trims to add embelishments!
We love Riley Blake's panel banners! They come in a variety of colors and prints for new decorations each Holiday! Here is how the gals at Riley Blake used the pennant panel fabrics to make quilted bunting! Check it out: