Fabric Depot Privacy Notice
Last updated May 21, 2013
This policy applies to data and information we collect on our website and in e-mail and other electronic messages between you and us, or that you submit through our website, and any other communications (e.g., telephone or in store) between you and us regarding your online account. This policy does not apply to:
- information collected on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates); or
- any third party (including our affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our website.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect several types of data and information from and about users of our website. We collect information that you provide directly to us, including:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes, but is not limited to, information provided when you create an account, place an order on our website, or make a customer service inquiry or other online inquiry.
- Information contained in communications between you and us.
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data and logs.
- Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our website by allowing us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe's website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website and e-mail statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Your Payment Information
How We Use Your Information
We may use your personal information that we collect:
- To provide the website to you and any other information, products or services that you request from us, and to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it (e.g., use of your shipping address to fulfill your order).
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To contact you regarding your account or account activity. For example, if you forget your password, we may send instructions for resetting your password to your email address. As another example, if we notice activity through your account that causes us concern, we may contact you.
- To send you information about products and services that may interest you. For information on how you can unsubscribe and opt out of receiving marketing emails from us, see "Your Choices" below.
How We Share Your Information
We do not provide any personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. To best serve you, we may share your personal information with service providers that provide support services to us. Service providers, third parties who perform services on our behalf, are contractually restricted from using your information in any manner other than in helping us to provide you with the products and services available from Fabric Depot. We may also, in certain instances, disclose your personal information when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify you, contact you, or bring legal action to protect your rights or the rights, property, or safety of Fabric Depot or others, or to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request. We may also disclose your personal information when you ask us to do so (e.g., making your gift registry available to your friends).
Links to Other Websites
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you are a registered use of our website, you can review, update, and make corrections to your personal information by logging into your account on our website. You can also request a copy of the personal information associated with your account or provide us with corrections by contacting us using one of the methods described under "Contact Us" below.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Use of Your Email/Anti-Spam Policy. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by us to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any marketing email. Once we receive your unsubscribe request, please allow three business days for us to comply with it. Please note that we may not include unsubscribe information in non-marketing emails (i.e., emails concerning your account, emails to help you reset your password, etc.).
Children's Online Privacy
We will never knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that an individual is under the age of 13 and has submitted any information to Fabric Depot for any purpose without prior verifiable parental consent, we will delete his or her information from our files.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. For example, we request a unique password to verify your identity before granting access to your account.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our through or website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to your online account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Please also be aware that Fabric Depot will never ask for your credit card information or personal information via email. If you receive an email that appears to be a request from us for personal information, do not respond, since it may be a "phishing" scam designed to gain access to your personal information.
Here are some additional measures you can take to help protect the personal information in your online accounts:
- Install the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses.
- Reset your e-mail account password regularly.
- Use complex passwords (a minimum of 7 alpha/numeric cAsE sEnsitive characters).
- Do not use the same password on more than one website.
- Sign out/log off website sessions so that your session is closed and cannot be accessed by another user on the same computer, especially when using a public computer or terminal.
We may transfer part or all of your information in the case of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other sale of all or a portion of our assets or stock.
This policy replaces all previous disclosures we may have provided you about our information practices. We reserve the right to change this policy, and to apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. If there are material changes to this policy or our information practices change in the future, we will post the policy changes on our website.
If you're not comfortable shopping online (and would prefer to make your purchase via telephone), just give us a call at 1-888-896-1478. Our Customer Service Representatives will be happy to assist you.
Fabric Depot, Inc.
700 SE 122nd Avenue
Portland, OR 97233
Toll Free: 888-896-1478