Materials Needed for Game Bag:
1/4 yd Monopoly print for exterior bag (or 1/3 yd if fussy cutting)
1/4 yd Monopoly Money print for lining
1/8 yd Dice print for drawstring casing
1 1/3 yd of Renaissance Ribbons
1. Cut 2 ( 8” X 8”) squares for the exterior bag.
2. Cut 2 ( 8” X 8”) squares for the lining.
3. Cut 2 (9” X 2”) strips for the casing.
For the Casings:
1. Turn ¼ “ in on both of the short edges , on both of the casings, and press.
2. Turn these pressed edges in another ¼ “and sew across ends.
3. Fold casings in half lengthwise and press.
For the outside bag:
1. Pin squares right sides together and sew all three sides using a ¼” seam allowance.
For the lining:
1. Pin right sides together, sew all three sides using a ¼ seam allowance, Leaving a 5” opening at the bottom for turning.
Press open the 1/4” seams on the outside bag.
Turn right side out and press bag flat.
Baste the casings to the top edge of the outside bag, matching finished open ends with side seams of the outer bag.
Pin the top edges of the lining, casing, and outer bag, raw edges together, and sew around the top, below the basting stitch line.
Pull the outer bag out through the opening at the bottom of the lining.
Press raw open edge at the bottom of the lining inwards ¼” and press. Top stitch across bottom to finish opening in lining.
The full Monopoly collection by Quilting Treasures is available online.